Have you ever wondered if Columbia is truly a Ghost Town? Have you ever “felt something” while stepping into one of our old buildings? Now is your chance to be a part of history and explore the spirits ofColumbia in our very first paranormal tour for the public.
With the cooperation of the, paranormal organization, Full Spectrum Paranormal, The Friends of Columbia State Historic Park are proud to announce:
Join us on a three-hour, guided tour by flashlight as we creep in and around several areas in the park that have had previous unexplained activity.You will learn the history of the people who lived in Columbia, learn the techniques used in paranormal investigation, and have the unique chance to experience for yourself if spritis truly do lurk among us .
Join the paranormal group and continue your experience by staying overnight in one of our historic hotels.
● The cost for the tour is $50.00 per person. Your paypal receipt is your ticket - bring it.
● Also some flashlights will be available, you are encouraged to bring your own.
● You will receive an email with instructions the week before you are scheduled.
● We cannot issue refunds or cancellations. We will work with you to reschedule to another date.
● 30 spots are available per night which will then be split into groups of 10 for the actual tour.
● No person under the age 18 will be allowed on the paranormal tours.
● There are limited handicapped areas available. Some of the stairs leading to upper floors can be steep.
● Investigations will start at 8:30 pm and last until approximately 11 pm.
● Be aware of the changing seasons and weather. Columbia can be cool in the evenings.
● Columbia has many uneven surfaces which may be difficult to navigate by flashlight, so we suggest no open toe shoes. We also recommend long pants for your safety.
● You are welcome to bring your own cameras, audio recorders, temperature sensors. We are not responsible for any equipment that is broken or stolen so this is at your own risk. . For the most part, access to electricity is limited in the park.
● Please leave everything as you found it. You will be held responsible for any damage to this historic, State Park.
Registration can be made for anyone 18 or over. Registration is made on a "first come, first served" basis.. No children allowed on this tour. Registering for this tour holds the Docents, Columbia State Park, The Friends of Columbia State Park and the City of Columbia without liability. Every attendee waives all liability and holds harmless from the above mentioned event, the group, venues and buildings and understands that they must provide their own transportation and items necessary to participate. Registering for the event gives the understanding that you have read and accept this disclaimer and accept the conditions listed above and have done so under your own power and without duress. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.